Every driver has a right of way on the roads. There are set conditions and markers which allow the driver to respond carefully on the road. These markers and signs consist of stop signs, red lights, crossroad markers, among other things. Negligence to follow such rules can causes accidents that seriously injure people.
Washington State has clearly set restrictions which are meant to be followed because they will keep you safe. On your part, you have to follow them and ensure that you are not endangering the life of another person.
Washington State Law Denotes that:
- If not instructed, every driver has to follow the stop and red light signs installed on the road. Among the personnel authorized to direct the traffic otherwise include duly authorized flagger, a police officer and a firefighter who has been given the responsibility to do so.
- With respect to the road signs, the driver has to halt at the red light and the stop line.
Why Do Drivers Jump the Red Light?
A few identified factors that contribute to causing accidents for running the red lights are:
- Speeding and not being able to decelerate the car on time
- DUI or driving when high.
- Drowsiness or sleeping while driving
- Texting or calling on the phone
- Sun glares
- Aggressive driving
The higher number of accidents occurring in this situation includes T-Bone, sideswiped or broadsided impacts which can also lead to fishtailing a car or forcing it to skid. The sheer speed and the force of impact can cause severe damages to the driver, and any other person or car which comes in the way.
Reported common injuries due to such accidents:
The side impact accidents have the tendency to jolt your body from one side to the other. This could lead to:
- Whiplash injuries
- Head injuries
- Bone fractures and sprains
Jackman Law Firm has the expertise to help you in this matter:
We have observed that in these accidents one has to assure that you are not at fault. And the insurance companies will always try to shift the blame on you. In this scenario, you need a compassionate lawyer who will understand your side of the events and gather enough evidence to prove your case. We will question the witnesses, obtain the surveillance tapes (with or without a subpoena) and also go through the police reports.
All of this only to ensure that you get:
- Money for your medical bills
- Money for your lost wages
- Money for your pain and suffering
We understand that you are going through a tough time. Your first consultation is free and we won’t charge anything until you have won the case. Give us a call today let us help you.