Whenever you get into a taxi cab, you trust that the driver will keep you safe and you will reach your destination without any regrets. It is also the duty of the driver to ensure that the co-passengers are safe. If the driver breaks his promise, the result is an incident which is frustrating for not only the rider but for the driver and the other party too. This goes on without saying that in the State of Washington, there are some prudential rules and laws executed for the protection of drivers and the citizens.
Laws for the Taxicab:
- Vicarious Liability: Vicarious Liability means that the taxi company is liable to pay for your losses if you meet with an accident while riding the cab. The driver works for the company and the company, in turn, has to ensure your safety and security.
- Another scenario is that when your cab driver is not at fault. The other vehicle owner or can driver will pay for all the losses. Here, the cab driver can seek a claim from Labor and Industries authorities. Or the driver can also file a lawsuit against the other driver’s insurance company and with this option you can also get compensation for your losses.
Criteria for all Taxicab Drivers in Washington:
- An active business license is necessary for every taxicab.
- They should have insurance coverage for a minimum of $32,500.
- The cab driver must display the Car VIN number, make and model printed or painted on the cab. These details should also match the registration certificate.
The process for seeking insurance claims:
Once you are involved in an accident, the first step is to get immediate and efficient medical attention. After this, you need to gather all the information from the cab driver. This includes the insurance coverage information and other details about the driver and the cab company.
For claiming a compensation, you need to prove that the driver was at fault and show that you are hurt because of his/her negligence. After examining the facts, the taxicab’s insurance company will pay for your losses. However, if they resist paying the deserved compensation, then you need the Jackman Law Firm’s assistance.
Common Causes of Taxicab Accidents:
According to some reports, the number of accidents with yellow cabs is relatively less than other colored cabs. Nonetheless, there are some specific causes of these accidents:
- Distracted driving
- Bad condition of the car
- Bald or cracked tires, leading to sudden deflation
Passengers of taxicabs have sustained injuries like a head concussion, broken bones and fractures, and whiplash injuries.
Jackman Law Firm:
Proving your case, both in terms of liability and the extent of your damages, is essential. If you don’t, you run the risk of losing your case.
To ensure that this does not happen, you need the Jackman Law Firm by your side. We excel in taxicab accidents and will help you win the case. Legally, this is what you can receive:
- All charges of your emergency services and other medical expenses paid by the insurance company.
- Lost wages
- Money for pain and suffering
- Out of pocket expenses
- Loss of consortium if your partner or spouse was involved in the accident.
Please give us a call and book a free consultation appointment.